My Great Good Friends,
How did the Bard put it: “…full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
So BHO says he has two lines of attack:
Congressional action re renewing assault weapons ban, etc. However his Majority Leader in the Senate says he won’t propose legislation which could not get past the House. The House, where a Republican majority says it’s DOA. So, Senator ‘Vegas’ Harry leaves his President turning in the wind.
Executive fiat actions. I read all 23 and when I was finished I re-read them thinking I must have missed something. It was pabulum, pabulum chewed be a sow and pooped, then run over by a truck, a big truck. Nothing but mush there, nothing.
- ‘Issue a Presidential memo’
- ‘Address legal barriers’.
- ‘Improve incentives’.
- ‘Direct the AG to review’.
- ‘Propose rulemaking’.
- ‘Publish a letter’.
- ‘Launch a national safety campaign’.
- ‘Review safety standards’.
- ‘Issue (another) Presidential memo’.
- ‘Release a report’.
- ‘Nominate an ATF director’.
- ‘Provide first responders with training’.
- ‘Maximize enforcement efforts’.
- ‘Issue (yet another) Presidential memo’, this one to the CDC.
- ‘Challenge the private sector’.
- ‘Clarify Obama Care’.
- ‘Release a letter’.
- ‘Provide incentives’.
- ‘Develop model plans’.
- ‘Release (another) letter, this one re Medicaid.
- ‘Finalize regs re health benefits within Obama Care’.
- ‘Commit to mental health parity regs’.
- ‘Launch a national dialogue’.
I kid you not. That’s it;
Issue (3), Address, Improve, Direct, Propose, Publish, Launch (2), Review, Release (3), Nominate, Provide (2), Maximize, Challenge, Clarify, Develop, Finalize and Commit.